Friday, February 14, 2003

General Hospital week ending February 14, 2003

(a) Who gave the consistently best performances this week?

Robin Christopher. I feel sorry for her, she irritates me, I root for her, I cringe for her, I hurt for her. I loved her rolling her eyes at Brenda's weepy, heartfelt vows. I also liked how she played the Alexis reveal. It was more WTF? then big soap Dum Dum DUM! She's too world-weary a character to have her eyes bug out and her jaw drop to the floor. She has created a far more interesting character than could possibly exist on any page that came from the likes of Bob Guza.

(b) Who gave the best single performance this week?

Robin, when she stumbled unto Jax and Brenda's wedding room. The brave face she put over for Jax, while still revealing hurt and humiliation and regret and anger to us. She's fantastic.

(c) Who gave the single WORST performance this week?

Alicia Leigh Willis on Monday, her petulant valley girl interpretation when Brenda was trying to give her some insights into the mobster girl life: "WhatEVER, oKAY? Sonny's a gangster too and you don't even KNOW Jason. He's the sweetest guy in the whole world--even though he's like, killed people or whatever? This one time, like, he gave me this Christmas ornament shaped like my dog, okay?!!" Puhleeze.

(d) What was the single BEST scene this week?

I loved the very brief scene between Jason and Brenda, when she said something like, "If you broke up with Courtney, and you know you can't leave the mob...then you did the right thing." There was all this subtext and emotion between them, like she finally understood why Sonny dumped her--that it was to protect her (even though the timing sucked, LOL). And in that moment, she forgave Jason for being the one who brought that message. It was a very sweet, healing moment. I'll miss you, Vanessa!

(e) What was the single WORST scene this week?

A tie: Brenda and Jax bowing down to kiss Lila's ring and Sonny bothering poor ol' dead Lily once again to tell her how much he loves Carly. My sister and I were watching that scene, when he said he kissed Brenda to prove his love to Carly, or *whatever* and my sister said Lily was in heaven yelling, "Yeah? You kissed her a lot when *we* were married, too! Look where it got me!"

I also hated Alan and Monica's totally SOAPZONE spat at the wedding:Alan: This wedding sure is hard to watch for THIS SkyeJax fan!Monica: Oh, shut up! We Brazen fans were totally manipulated and cheated!" Remember when these two were given Emmy-worthy storylines of their own?

(f) Who or what surprised you the most this week?

Maurice showed up to work on Thursday. He was *there* with Tamara on the docks and he was there with Vanessa. He didn't stutter, he didn't pause between every fourth word. It was refreshing.

A lot of the dialogue has surprised me in the Sonny/Jason break-up. It's been dead-on and judgmental of Sonny and Jason and the mob life. It won't last, LOL, but it's been nice.

Also--we had a Jerry reference and ALMOST a Miranda reference.

(g) Biggest WTF moment of the week?

Jason's being able to walk out of the hospital HOURS after surgery and blood transfusions. Then the next day he picks Faith off her feet--which would most likely pull out the stitches he *should* have...right?

Sonny's "For the record, I don't trust you" crap with Ric. I mean, if Sonny wasn't totally Gummi Bear, he has Ric killed, or at least beats the crap out of him, for defying him, for hanging around his wife when he's told him not to. Instead we get Sonny talking big, "I see through you, don't think I'm fooled for a second!" YET continuing to let him near his operation and his family. It's ridiculous.

Jax waiting to dump Brenda in the middle of the wedding. I just don't buy his humiliating her like this

Speaking of humiliation--couldn't Skye rather easily *buy* a gun? Instead she boinks a guy on a pool table so she can steal his? Huh?

(h) Line of the week, if there was one?

Alexis to Cameron, "I would never have survived my childhood if I snapped every time someone said something upsetting to me."

Courtney to Sonny, after he lists all the ways she *won't* die, thanks to his intervention, "WOW. You can control all that? I am impressed."

Carly to Jax when he advises her to keep Sonny from his wedding to Brenda, "Sonny didn't show up when *he* was supposed to marry Brenda, why do you think he'd bother now?"

Carly "I'm sick and tired of "the world according to Sonny Corinthos!" WORD!

Cameron to Alexis: "the Kristina I have met is not the sweet karma-coated sister you and Ned described."

Brenda to Sonny: "You know, you were right: it WAS a great ride!"

(i) Got any shallow thoughts to share?

Felicia was wearing a really cool coat on tuesday--long hide jacket with wool fringe? It was sweet!

Does Sonny's bodyguard Marco seem gay to anyone else but me?

Could Coleman please wash his hair? He has a sexy voice, but I CAN'T get past the grease, dude.

It's a good thing Kelly's doesn't seem to have a manager, what with Liz and Courtney *constantly* rushing out in a tizzy--they'd be fired for sure!

Is Jax gonna get a wedding every sweeps period?

And finally: I think it was pretty cruel of the GH art department to make Lulu's "Polar Bear with Ice Cream Cone" better than anyting Liz Webber's painted in her life!

Peace!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home