Tuesday, February 16, 1999

X-Files 6.12 "One Son"

Well, I was a bit underwhelmed, which is to be expected, i suppose,
although I thought I was "hype-proof." Maybe I knew more than I thought
I did in the first place.. nice Valentine's Day episode, huh? You've got Cancerman,
who gave his wife to some aliens so they could experiment on her, you've got Mulder
and "that woman," as Scully calls her--she's working to betray him and he's
blinded by...I shudder to call it love, but it's something. Mulder has
lousy taste in women, let's face it. then you've got Loverboy Krycek,
colder than liquid nitrogen, he ditches poor mutated Marita without so
much as a "We'll always have Tunguska!" Love, Conspiracy style.
Don't quite know what was going on in that shower scene. Mulder seemd
to be taking advantage of his height and location to take a peek at Scully
(he didn't have a lot of time when he pulled her out of that alien arctic
cocoon). Scully's seen Mulder naked at least once before (demons) and
undressed him down to his skivies twice ("Fire," "Anazazi,") so, she's
seen what there is to see.

I love Scully's open contempt for Diana, and love the lone gunmen
helping her try to prove her case to the Idiot. They both looked so cool in
their black outfits. If you recall Samantha's abduction scene from "little
Green Men," you'll recall the Watergate hearings were on TV, so it's nice to
see that Diana lives there (along with Bob Dole, and, formerly, Monica
Lewinsky), and it's fun to have Mulder breaking in. (one of the original
watergate conspirators, John Ehrlichman, died yesterday--odd coincidence!
I felt mulder was too quick to believe cancerman's side of the story,
and too quick to QUIT. He's ready to go to the airfield, woe is Mulder, and
Scully has to drag him too the railroad to try and actually DO something
constructive! Spender's so pathetic, "I've got her under guard!"
SIGH..Glad too see they cleared out the conspirators. LOVED Cancerman
and Diana's beating a hasty retreat and leaving everyone to die. That leaves
Krycek and Marita unaccounted for (what the hell DID happen to Marita?
Spender got out so...) i was glad that Spender looks to be dead, but,
I'm soap fan, and I didn't see a body, so I'm not getting my hopes up too
high.

I thought the episode looked great, it moved great, and I liked the
Mulder and Scully interplay, but they weren't actually in the episode that much,
and it felt as though the show was being presented as OUR quest for the
truth, and not Mulder and Scully's. ALso, I don't get why Samantha has
never been returned, and I would have liked Mulder to at least ask the
question. Cassandra was a multiple abductee, as were the others. What's
up with that? I like what this episode did, which is shake things up.

Next week looks HIGHLY derivitve of Season One's "ICE,"
but i'll reserve judgement until Sunday.

Have a great week! Christine :D

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home