Tuesday, January 19, 1999

X-Files 6.9 "S.R. 819"

Hey everybody. Sorry I'm a day late, but i am not a dollar short, which
is the important thing. I am pleased to report that I actually successfully
fought a parking ticket! You can fight city hall, I have the form letter
to prove it. I can't believe the Atlanta Falcons are going to the Super
Bowl! Amazing. the Vikings really let it get away from them, and I
can't help but wonder if Randall Cunningham has another great year in him.
We'll see.

Tonight was OK, but I never felt any sense of jeopardy. DUh, Skinner is
not going to die, and having the episode start with that was such a
hard-core tease that that made it even more obvious to me that they were
going to get out of it--This is the same Skinner who, as a teenage
soldier in Viet Nam, hovered above his "dead body" for hours ("One Breath" 2nd
season). So, the guy can come back from the dead, even without Krycek.
And i knew it was Krycek early on too, and if I CAN tell it's Krycek, why
couldn't Mulder and Scully? But i liked that it was a (gasp) serious
episode, and that we were back on the conspiracy track. Nice to see
Senator Mathison, he goes back to early early 1st season. Ya know, if
the republican's want to know who's talking to Larry Flynt, mathison strikes
me as a big leak.

Mulder's at the office at 10:21 thowing pencil's into his ceiling.
Scully may not date, but at least SHE GOES HOME. Love when Scully is
super-doctor scientist woman. Loved Skinner's embarrasment when Mulder
asked if he woke up alone. Loved Scully recognizing the famous
physicist. Loved mulder' getting into mathison's face and loving it. mulder was
worried about Skinner, but happy to be back on the trail. scully figures
it all out, with the help of Dr. Plant--loved her walking into the room
and ordering everyone around. She saved an ex-boyfriend that way (sort
of) in 1st season's "lazarus" and Mulder in 2nd season's "End game." She
storms in, I'm not only an FBI agent, I'm also a doctor, and i'm better
than all of you, so do as I say. ANd even when it kind of ticks em' off,
they always do as she says. Loved Dr. Plant backing her up, clearly
smitten with her brillint brain and the beautiful face that surrounds it.

He just seemed proud to be there with her. Loved her comforting strong
ways with skinner in the hall, I'll take care of you baby doll. hey,
Skinner's secretary isn't the same one that slept with fake Mulder in one
of several episodes that didn't actually happen. Loved emotional Scully,
her voice breaking as she tells Mulder of Skinner's dire straights. And
when Skinner told Scully he was "in her hands"......he loves her. he had
hoped she would take that more literally than she did. Sad that after
that deathbed confession, he was unable to confide in Mulder and Scully...is
he protecting them??? I hate Krycek. I'm done with the little weasel, I
want Scully to find out he helped kill her sister, and for her to blow
his brains out. See ya ratboy! So, ehhh. It was alright. Hope you all
have great weeks.

Next week, Scully gets a new partner---Mulder's last new
partner was Ratboy, so hopefully this guy will just be a regular
joe-agent. You know, Scully has trouble when she has to deal with other agents,
they're never very smart. Mulder's an insensitve jerk, but he's smart.
My review will be late, as i will be taping X-Files and watching The Golden
Globes with friends--I'm an awards show junkie. I watched the American
music awards, and boy, if you are over the age of...Oh, I don't know, 18?
And don't want to feel totally unhip and old? DON"T WATCH THE AMERICAN
MUSIC AWARDS. The only cool people who won anything, Aerosmith, Pearl
Jam and Eric Clapton, weren't there. And it was suspicious, because
Aerosmith, who are from Boston were in Boston. And Pearl Jam, who are based out of
Seattle were "in Seattle." It was like, they were just at home, and
didn't want to come cuz the American Music awards are so lame. WHen Eric
Clapton wasn't there, I was sure they were going to say "eric clapton is in
Englandworking on a project," but they didn't. ANYWAY, point is, I'll be
watching the Golden globes, and X-files will be watched later, and, as i
have a job, I may not be able to watch it until monday, which is a crappy
night for TV anyway, if you ask me.

Talk to you all later, Christine :D

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home