Friday, February 23, 2001

Survivor 2.5

Not a whole lot of surprise, was there? I mean, If you're annoying and
judgmental...you probably shouldn't stink too. Kimmi's parting words
about 'sticking to her morals" was so not the point. No one wanted you to
comprise your beliefs, no one wanted you to eat meat. They just wanted
you to SHUT UP ABOUT IT!! In a related note, Did you all see the CBS press
release regarding PETA's claim that the killing of the pig was for
entertainment purposes? CBS: "We firmly believe that our viewers
recognize fishing and hunting as a means of sustenance have been acceptable since
the dawn of time." I love it. I love animals, by the way, but I also like
to eat some of them.

Amber and jerri were so lame whispering that "Tina and Keith have totally
grouped together." DUH!
Line of the week: Colby: "Jerri, I just don't care!" I want that on a
T-shirt. Colby would later lose points for referring to himself in the
third person as "The Colbster." Boys, I swear. Just when you're
impressed by their leadership skills they go and do something dorky.
But cute is cute and Colby is cute.

Jen quote "the only thing Jerri's good at is making alliances." She
makes a damn good travois, to hear her tell it, Jen, you better back off!

Don't bond with the livestock, Kimmi. I grew up in the suburbs, but I've
seen enough movies ABOUT farmers to know you don't start naming the
barnyard animals unless you've got a magic spider and some terrific,
radiant humble pig.

Mad Mike gains major points for trying to steer Kimmi to better behavior,
less ranting, more bathing but kimmi will have none of it. Kimmi:"I'm
going over here to be the odd man out, don't mind me! Just murder and
feed off my friends while I go cry!" Everyone else: "Is Kimmi spelled with a
"y" or with an "I"?

Ogakor basks in their loserdum and hunger. Jerri: "Kucha's eating
chickens and pigs. I'm a demon from hell and usually feed on the rotting corpses
of the damned, but I gotta admit, it bothers me. My kick ass tortillas
aren't cutting it anymore."

Alicia and Kimmi--Alicia will, I think, soon be on my bad list because
Jeff is her friend (he's just a mean jerk) and I like the rest of the tribe.
But watching her get in Kimmi's face was great. it was like a Fox
special: "When New Yorkers collide!" The thing I love about reality TV is seeing
how people perceive themselves. Real World, Survivor, whatever. Kimmi
said she hadn't bonded with the chickens even though we saw her. Alicia
thought she was calm about the whole thing. Fascinating to see
objectivity on tape (masterfully-edited objectivity, I'll admit) and then
subjectivityas they explain what we saw. Loved Elisabeth: "Alicia is in charge of
telling people what to do and talking trash about people."
Kimmi: "I love animals but nature is sooooooooo gross!" kimmi should
have learned the Rudy lesson. What a turning point it was in season one when
Rudy acknowledged to the cameras that he didn't fit in but "I've gotta
change--there's more of them than there is of me" And he toned it down
and he got to the Final Four.

The Travois: Even Elisabeth is boasting. but I wanted them to get the
blankets and I wanted Jerri to lose. She just doesn't get it. They
don't want to listen to you, they don't WANT you to be right. If I were on her
damned travois being carried over a pile of crocodiles I;d want the thing
to break just because Jerri made it and said it wouldn't break, I really
would. I'd yell "In your face, Jerri!", as the crocodiles chomped on my
legs. Felt bad for Amber though, and was glad Ogakor pulled it together
for the immunity challenge.

For some strange reason, I think I'm going to buy some towels and
toothpaste at Target this weekend...This may sound silly, but we didn't
have Target in the Bay Area when I was a kid, and when I was around 10 we
went to visit my grandparents in St. Louis and my grandma took us to
Target and it seemed so exotic to me, such a new experience. Same with White
Castle hamburgers.

Jeff (pulling the wings off a butterfly) "I don't mean to sound evil but
I want to march on over to ogakor, murder them one by one as they beg for
mercy and drink their blood, Okay? It's a GAME!" I'll bet he's just as
obnoxious when he cheats his six-year-old nephew at checkers.
Ogakor showed they had mental toughness, and kucha deserved to be taken
down a peg. Ogakor needs to lose Jerri, and Kucha needs to get rid of
Jeff and/or Alicia, and I'll be cool. Jeff and Jerri are the only ones I
really hate and if they were to join forces..."TONIGHT THE WB PRESENTS AN
ALL-NEW BUFFY THE VAMPIRE SLAYER EVENT..." Shudder.
they need Buffy out there, with her luxury item: "I decided to bring my
favorite stake, Mr. Pointy, so I can vanquish Jerri back to the underworld."

Liked the editing that TRIED to make it seem like Kimmi wasn't getting
the boot. Liked that Elisabeth, Rodger and Michael might get rid of Alicia
or Jeff. That'd be awesome.

Nick....Uh...Sorry, I got nothing.

Love when they try to lie to Jeff and each other 'I'm not a leader,
you're a leader!" "No, well, we're ALL leaders!" Whatever. I love Jeff so
much. When he makes his appearance every week its such a comfort. I love how
he says "Tally the votes." I read he's married--they should fly his wife out
and one of the reward challenges later on could be to have a brew with
Jeff and his wife, that'd be sweet.

Next week: DRAMA!!!!!!! I won't speculate as it looks really scary.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home