Monday, November 15, 1999

X-Files 7.2 "Amor Fati" This episode sucked....

Only because Diana Fowley died---OFF
SCREEN!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!???????????????????????????????

Huh? What?

Okay, besides that it was awesome! :D

OKAY. What's up with Mrs. Mulder? I mean, does she let cancerman take
Mulder for the test? Or is she duped by cancerman? When she said "I
love you my darling boy", and he's screaming and she can't hear? Oh, to
comfort him.

I do not know what Amor Fati means, please advise.

Cancerman, just like Satan, all suave and seductive: My way is soooo
much easier, Fox. forsake your beliefs, your duty, your soul.
I loved Scully's look of contempt when Kritchgow said he'd destroy her.
Puhleeze. Go ahead, make her day. And then Skinner wimps out on her.
Mulder, as usual, was all understanding last week, but Scully always
seems quick to doubt ol Walt. her look as he left seemed to say "you
chicken@#%* punk, I need your help!" She's once again reminded of how woefully
inadequate he is as a substitute for Captain Dad Scully. Cancerman's
scary witness protection program. It's interesting to see how happy Mulder was
to see Deep Throat: I didn't know his feelings were that warm, but hey.
Good Diana was in heaven I'm sure: Mulder's dreams reveal
the depths of his guilt, he blames himself for everything, conjures up the
dead to absolve him from it...but ultimately rejects their assurances as lies.
He is angst-filled and guilt-ridden, just the way you like em, eh ;)

You know you're a real X-Phile addict when you cheer as Scully's
apartment appears, like it's a character! Scully's apartment! I want to know what
goofy magnets she has on her frige. Liked how holstein appeared.
Scully's had visits from the dead since first season (dad) and so it continues.
She doesn't' realize this of course, she only hears the message: YOU MUST
SAVE HIM. Not exactly a new calling for Scully, saving Mulder's bacon, but
still.

Are aliens angels? Cool idea, Chris. Mulder has actually expressed a
longing for the suburban family life in season four's "Home." Scully
deals with "The Other Agents" to help find Mulder and they are no help.
"Where's Waldo?" HUH? I mean, that was just...lame. Mulder can get a way with
the occasional clunker (last week's terribly dated "Ghostbusters" ref, for
example) but new agent guy? I don't think so. Yeah, Scully, only
cancerman waves his cigarette JUST SO. That'd stand up in court. In a
way, this is similar to last season's Field Trip, where the agents are
lulled into false reality by a plant that's eating them? Mulder is
allowing his subconscious, I suppose, to do the lulling. He lets' the
voices in his head tell him it's OK to be less than he is. And though he
weakly protests, he lets......he lets her touch him. Oh man was that horrible.
I am in serious physic
pain. Now, don't get me wrong, Beach-combing mulder in black T-shirt
(mmmm, magic black T-shirt) is truly wonderful. I'm not certain I can go
into my TRUE Honest feelings about shirtless Mulder in handcuffs within
the confines of this review without seriously compromising myself. get
yourself an alien artifact, if you want to read my mind. ;D I'll bet
Duchovny was flashing back to his Red Shoe Diaries days. I must say, the
segue from their horrific embrace to the commercial for The terrifying
Sleep Hollow trailer was MOST appropriate. Betcha a million bucks there
is nothing scarier in that movie than that image of HER touching HIM.
*shudder*

Scully seemed very first season in this episode--hair etc. Sometimes you
must come full circle to find the truth? Scully gets some interoffice
mail: again, I ask the question: Does Scully have her own office? She
used to! That's all I'm saying. Now she just Hangs in mulders and the
mailroom guy knows where to find her. Whatever. That poor secretary.
Yeah, Skinner, she's gonna keep hurricane Dana out of your office.
Stepford Diana brings Mulder his coffee and wants to start a family.
Kids, this was the scariest X-Files ever! Loved how Scully practically kicked
Kritchgow's door down: yeah, you'll destroy her, sure. Scully RULES!
Mulder's "biologically alien." again, heavenly messengers: aliens? or
angels? Mulder's all hooked up to the circle: similar to Scully's
abduction, actually. Turns' out, Mulder's living in "The Matrix":
ahhhhh!

It was cool that Mulder was sort of picking up on everyone's essence. Not
even thoughts at this point, but their very identities.

"Let's cut the crap, shall we?" "Yes, Let's." I soooo wanted them to
just throw down, you know? Fouly tries to play Scully and Scully will have
none of it. Denied! Scully tries a mind game of her own. She plays the
Mulder card, and trumps! I love it when Scully swears like a sailor. It also
comforts me that Scully hates Diana more than I do. "I'm always
thinking." Bitch.

The Coffin scene. :D :D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D

That may even beat the handcuffs...nah.

Any one else get hardcore Twin Peaks vibes from this episode? I mean,
when Mulder was old, I was like thinking about the Black Lodge and the red
room and the dancing midget...anyway, I love how hearing about Scully's death
seemed to grieve Mulder worse than the others. Loved how Scully always
has to be forced into prayer. ANd it works! God slips the key under the
door. Cancerman, you are entirely too smug to be God's servant. he reminded
me of how we sing "God Bless America" like an order and not a request.

Ugh, Krycek's signature bullet to the brain. I NEED Scully to take him
out. "You killed my sister, m*%$&#$ F$@%&#!!!!!!" Chop his other arm off
with her machete.

I liked that Scully's hair really looked liked she'd fallen asleep on her
floor, praying with the ghost of an Indian Chief, was awakened when the
Almighty shoved a keycard under her door and she ran out the door to save
her soul mate. (in other words, it was flat). even in a vision, Scully
cuts through the crap: "And you believed them?
Traitor deserter. As Iron sharpens Iron, Scully sharpens Mulder and
brings out the best in him. Get Up and Fight! She implores him. And he does.
For her. It is the very idea of her disappointment with him that jars
him awake. those effects of the alien apocalypse rocked!

Okay. The end. Could it be more of a fairy tale? her Tears awaken him
from his slumber??? SIGH.

Then, Mulder's wearing the Yankees cap. so cute. Loved Scully's doubts
here, only because even she knows that she's being ridiculous. She's
scared of things she can't proof and understand. She's afraid to beleive
(again, "Beyond the Sea"). now we see all that she has learned and seen
overwhelm her, and he steadies her, just as she steadied him when he was
lost and trapped in his own mind. "You were my friend, and you told me
the
truth." And then she kissed his head: his beautiful mind. It's been too
long since they moved me to tears, but they did it.
And folks, any of you out there still thinking they aren't in love, this
isn't romance, it's platonic, etc, etc, etc? You're as pathetic and
irritating as Scully with all her doubts, Okay? Okay. Next week,
monster story. have a great week, Christine :D

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home