Saturday, November 01, 2008

Survivor 17.6 "I want to stab her in the face"

This season kinda sucks. It's not Thaliand bad, but it's Vanautuish, there's just no one to really root for. Prt of the problem is we know so little about Kota, and we know too damn much about Fang. When the tide started to really turn on Ace, I was thrilled, but had Crystal gone, it would've been no big deal.

Poor dumb Dan bumbled around telling everyone how super insecure he was, Randy got meaner and meaner--when Kota won that challenge and he was like, "The bset part about having all this food is THEY don't GET any of it!!" You could tell the others were shocked. The power click of Marcus, Corrine and Charlie have dumped weird Bob for mean Randy...what does it all mean? No one wants to give Randy a million dollars, is what it means.

I enjoyed both teams competing for individual immunity on the log roll--Fang was actually able to have fun. Winner Marcus was then able to give Immunity to Sugar, hoping to turn the tide against a "strong player" like Ace, Matty or Chrstal. I think everyone's waaaaay underestimating Sugar. Ace sure was--he certainly didn't anticipate her turning on him before he turned her in. Good riddance to Ace and his come and go British accent and all his Coup d'whatevers and lambs to the slaughter. Ace finsishes in 12th place with Bible-thumping Dirk, stinky kimmi, Stupid Silas, hippie Gabe, dull Stephanie, tough Jeanne, pointless Michelle, Lisa who was misinterpretted by mean Ami, James who should've been Jom Bob, Smart Brian, crass Bobby, charming Brad and James who I so relentlessly called Rocky, I didn't know who James was until I reread my old blogs. Last season, hot but dumb Aaron was the victim of a tribe switch-up.

Beacuse of the double elimination, we finally spent some quality time at Kota. I'm intruiged at the bond between nice-guys Marcus and Charlie and meanies Corrine and Randy. And I'm glad they didn't get rid of Susie right when she revealed herself to be crazy (read: interesting). It was truly stupid of Susie to reveal to Corrine that she was going to vote for her, but man did Corrine over react (see above quote in title). I'm wondering if this group has what it takes to survive a merge? Should be interesting. I especially loved at Tribal when Corrine used "we" in talking about how her clique had decided to vote and then she akwardly said "I mean, I..." I think it'll be hard for them to keep Bob from sensing he's been dumped for the less appealing Randy, and Bob might join up with Matty, Kenny, Sugar and Crystal.

Poor Dumb Dan finishes in 11th place with Joel, Michael who fell in the fire, angry Lindsay, doomed Gina, Dumbb Robb, Shawna the hostage, Trish who flipped on Rupert, John K., Ibrehim, Amy the cop, Dan the Astronaut Man, someone named Rebecca I barely remember, and that horrible Lisi from Fiji who quit and insisted she didn't. In China, Sherea wore out her welcome.

Next up: looks like a merge, hopefully the non-elephant parts of the show will start to get interesting (you gotta love those elephants).

Peace out!

Christine

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home