Friday, October 03, 2008

Survivor 17.2 "I'm not sure that accent is real"

Randy said it all about Fang: They're stupid, and they don't know they're stupid. ANd man, I just want to punch GC. Arrogant for no apparent reason, his petulant reaction to Randy's logical suggestion that they stop eating three meals a day because they're, you know, on Survivor was embarrassing. Sweetdumbdan looked quite scared when GC tried to bully Randy into admitting he was the leader--I wish Randy would've just stepped up and said YES, I'm the leader--someone's got to do it! But he's a Fang, so leadership is a disease. I still enjoy his observations though, and the look he gets on his face whenever Jeff's explaning a challenge like, "Can they make us do that? Is that legal?"

We did finally spend a lot of time with Kota--a huge tip-off that they were gonna lose ImmunityAce has sweet but maleable Sugar in his pocket. Weak link Paloma is so out of the loop, she brags to the camera that she's not bowing down to Ace like eveyone else. Sweetie, most of them are in a semi-secret alliance and playing Ace like a violin. Sorry you didn't get the memo. Ace continues to be smarmy and boorish--his stage yawn before the challenge was such a jerky move. It wasn't a bad idea to push Paloma into the spotlight in the challenge so everyone would realize she sucks, but it was really dumb to try and make out Sugar's performance as anything north of meh. Everyone saw through it, and acted like they were the only people who saw through it. There's some smart people on Kota, but I don't think any of them are are quite as smart as they think they are.

I now totally heart Sugar after her stay in Exile--she's a hoot. How the hell is she the only one not hip to Ace's lame game? I'm with Corrine--he's a slick huckster with a possibly fake accent. Sugar marvelled at beating the lawyer to the idol--haven't any of these people met a dumb lawyer? I have. Anyway, it was fun to see Kota lose to Fang, with Ken the gamer out mathing Professro Bob (who's so pale he looks positivly ghoulish looking at times. I thought the show did a good job at making it seem like Ace might go, though it does seem early. Ace may lack subtlety, but Marcus was masterful in his fake but plausible praise of Ace as a like-minded ally. Telling him exactly what he wants to hear, but not in an over the top way. As much as I hate Ace, I'm relieved I won't have to hear Paloma squeak about him anymore. I did enjoy her classic exit speech--did CBS intentionally cut her off before she could finish her vow to never watch the show again if Ace wins. I wouldn't go that far, but I know where she's coming from.

Last season, like All-stars, was too wacky to count in my recaps of who finished in what place. You can't put Tina and Yau-man down with the Paloma's of the game. Anyway, Paloma finishes in 16th place. Sonja and her ukelele was our first 16th placer, back wehn 16th was last place. Then there was Deb the crybaby prison guard, crazy lying Diane, Peter who talked too much about his (ahem) body functions, Bossy John the reverend, Ryan the flirt who wound up on an all-dude tribe, Nicole who I barely remember, equally unmemorable John P., Jeff who "hurt his ankle", some chick named Brianna, Tina the lumberjill, a woman named Stephannie, Gary who was medivaced out, and last but not least, Chicken. You don't forget a guy named Chicken.

Peace out!

Christine

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home