Sunday, November 16, 1997

X-Files 5.3 (sort of) "Unusual Suspects"

Well, just wanted to weigh in, but I'll be brief as it is late, and
also because without the Mulder Scully interaction, I'm simply not as involved.
There, I said it. Later this season we'll have a Scully solo
episode, but it involves her family with whom I'm obsessed so i am anticipating
getting really into unless little brother isn't there and no one mentions it.

I'm easy: Dana: "Where's Charlie, Mom?"
Mom: "He's in rehab again...Who wants Egg Nog!!"
Simple. So, anyway I'm glad for the information on the lone gunmen,
and It was nice to see how they met up with Mulder. I love any and all
references to pre-"Spooky" Mulder, how he was a big shot in the
bureau, a rising star, and when he turned to the X-files, he let everyone down.
I mean, even in disgrace, Scully's hearing legends about him 'round the
Quantico campfire...It was cool to see Mr. X, and of course his
"nobody touches this man" speaks to the significance Mulder has to somebody
in power. Mulder HAS to be important in order to justify why he hasn't
been killed. Say, cancerman was pretty upset last week when he thought
mulder was dead, yet he killed him himself in the boxcar...Okay, so anyway,
it was fun to see how crazy Susanne seemed to everyone, when we all know
they'll be sounding just as kooky in a few years. Great to see Dig Dug making
an appearance, as well as Dungons and Dragons. I would like to know how
Mulder was drafted into the FBI. Did he come home from England and
they met him at the airport? He says in the pilot he was recruited...out
of school. Scully too, I mean did she go to a career fair and say "FBI,
that'd piss off the folks..." I want the truth! All in all a good
episode, and didn't Byers just break your heart, poor guy? Now
whenever I see him I'll think of how sad he is about susanne...I look forward to
next week--I love it when they dress down!

Christine

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home