Sunday, November 02, 1997

X-Files 5.1 "Redux"

Diana--so, I hope my e-mail doesn't get lost amongst all those other
x-philes. I hope you get to this before thursday or whaatever. I'm glad
I showed you JFK, ol' Chris Carter will have no problem suceeding in film
if he keeps ripping off the masters ( and very well, I might add.) My ONLY
complaint would be, I thought it was overly narrated, and that narration
got a little pretentious. I mean, they're gret poets, but who are they
writing this for, AN AUDIENCE perhaps? oooh or maybe each other. sigh,
it's almost love poetry, forget the complaint ha ha. Jen and I thought the
guards rattling the doors was such a rip off of the sound of music ( :) ),
and in the BEDROOM scene, was Mulder's crack a reference to "Butch Cassidy
and the Sundance Kid?? the keep going line...(and oh, how he wanted her to
keep going.) they are all useless to resist her, like Pendrell before him,
the lab doctor looks into those blue depths almost pooling with tears and
says, aw hell, i'll drop everything and get ths done before 7, since
everything in you r life depends on it, beautiful stranger...I was gad to
see the return of Holly from Pusher, that's the great thing about
vancouver, it's not hard to get continuity. They all call they're agents
and say "forget 'Highlander, I'm doing X-Files again!" Also glad they've
officially gotten rid of that old 1992 timeline. It was hurting my brain.
My main joy was all the delicious sexual tention between Skinner and Scully.
The betrayal each felt, the jealous rage. Scully does contempt really
well "No you weren't..." the best was when Skinner asked how she could
identify him without a face and she said from the clothes he was earing
earlier that morning. We know they're always running around at odd hours,
but Skinner, I think really thought she could have meant earlier that
morning after they'd, you know, been together. And she let him think that.
Later, she wonders to herself, Why did I let him think that, unable to
acknowledge the passion this buff and bald god stirs within her. Ahem,
sorry, that was very bad fan fiction, eh? But she falls into his arms and
you know, HE LOVES HER. Last think, Mulder needs to lose the dippy
sideburns. Next week looks delicioso, let me know if you want me to tell
you about the scene for it I saw on FX this morning, it was great--a fight
between mulder and brother bill. They better at least mention little
brother "too bad Charlie's climbing Mt. Everest again..."or I'll be
mightily miffed. :) P.S. to every one but Diana, I decided to sent this to
you because i was to lazy to send you an edited non-Diana message. It's
late.

Christine

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home